The nomination period for this award is now closed. Award recipients will be notified in December.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and History
The HIMSS Early Careerists Service Award honors the achievements of members within the society who have five years or less work experience in health information and technology and who are making significant contributions to their professions and the community in the field of health information and technology.
The HIMSS Early Careerists Service Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s)
- Opportunity to serve on the Early Careerists Service Awards Selection Committee for two subsequent years
- Providing two pieces of content such as, but not limited to, a podcast interview and/or writing one/series of article posting(s), etc., which HIMSS may publish
Eligibility and Criteria
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- A significant contribution to his/her organization representative of the HIMSS vision, better health through information and technology
- Leadership ability, innovations, and/or achievements that have enhanced the health of the patient community and/or their organizations
- Five years or less work experience in health information and technology
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry
- Nominee must be a HIMSS Member in good standing
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS North America, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.)
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated
- Nominees must agree, if they are selected for the award that, within six months of receiving the award, they will provide HIMSS a minimum of two pieces of content (article postings, interview for podcast, etc.) which HIMSS can publish
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation outlining how the nominee meets the required criteria
HIMSS 2019 Recipient