The nomination period for this award is now closed. Award recipients will be notified in December.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and History
The Physician Executive Leader of the Year Award recognizes a physician leader who demonstrates significant leadership in optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information and technology. The award is given for success and achievement as a physician leader championing information and technology to optimal strategic impact. The recipient is selected jointly by the Board of Directors of the Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems (AMDIS) and HIMSS.
The HIMSS-AMDIS Physician Executive Leader of the Year Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition
- Public announcement in an official AMDIS and HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s)
- Invitation for recipient to the AMDIS HIMSS Physician Executive Symposium and the AMDIS Annual Physician-Computer Connection Symposium Awards Recognition Program
- Opportunity to serve on the Awards Selection Committee for the subsequent year
- Opportunity to participate in a podcast interview and/or write one/series of articles, etc.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Currently employed as a physician leader
- Ongoing commitment to harnessing the power of information and technology to positively transform health and healthcare
- Active leadership of the effective use of information and technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry
- Has participated significantly in either leadership or organizational activities of AMDIS or HIMSS (i.e., board of directors, board-appointed committee, etc.)
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by AMDIS and HIMSS
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which AMDIS and HIMSS stand, including but not limited to:
- Supporting and participating in lifelong learning opportunities
- Supporting and promoting HIMSS and/or AMDIS as a recognized thought leader in the industry
- Current membership in good standing with HIMSS and/or AMDIS
- Is not currently serving on one of the AMDIS or HIMSS boards (HIMSS North America, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.)
- Holds at least one profession-oriented designation (i.e., medical board certifications, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, FACMI, FACHE, etc.)
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration.
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from an AMDIS member and/or HIMSS member
HIMSS 2019 Recipient
John Lee, MD