Define Current State, Needs, and Goals
Understand, from a project management perspective, what is involved in scoping and delivering a clinical and business analytics project of this magnitude. Be clear about the question you want to answer. Planning, governance, data, staff, and policy and procedures are critical in this junction.
- Identify and define goals and outcomes.
- Understand the project and goals.
-What do I need to know?
-What am I going to do with the information?
-What do I need to know about resources required?
- Understand current environment/inventory of what you have and know, and what you do.
-BI technology assets
-Staffing and skills assessment
-Document your current clinical, business, and operational processes and outcomes.
-Assess baseline clinical, business, and operational performance.
- Understand the data.
-Who needs it?
-Why is it needed?
-Available and baseline data sources
Case Studies, Use Cases, and Testimonials
- An Analytics Framework for Evaluating the Return on Health for Deployment of an Enterprise EHR
- Developing an Analytics Strategy & Roadmap
- How to Build a Successful Clinical & Business Intelligence Roadmap
- Clinical & Business Intelligence: An Executive Review: Needs Assessment
- Clinical & Business Intelligence: An Analytics Executive Review. Building a Business Case
- Clinical & Business Intelligence: An Analytics Executive Review. Industry Capabilities - Available Tools, How & Where Applied
- Top 10 Steps to Take Before Launching a Population Health Management Program
- Top 10 Steps to PHM: Garner Executive Support to Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk: A First Step Before Launching a PHM Program (Step 1)
- Top 10 Steps to PHM: Data Sharing Intricacies Require Legal Oversight (Step 4)
- HIMSS Clinical & Business Intelligence Primer: The Many Types of Clinical Analytics (Module 3)
- Clinical and Business Intelligence - A Practical Guide