We have developed this website to ensure that it is usable by everybody, regardless of age or disability. Our site is developed to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 Level AA.
Using our site
We do not provide built-in accessibility tools as we believe it is more important to support everyone’s personal device settings and assistive technologies.
What we have done to make your website experience better
We have built our website to be accessible with common assistive technologies and different ways of using websites. This means that you can:
- Navigate the menus and all interactive functionality without a mouse and using assistive technology such as a screen reader.
- Increase the font size or zoom in on content.
- Provide a high-contrast focus indicator to help sighted keyboard users to navigate through pages.
- Navigate a page using headings throughout our written content. We also use plain English principles to make our content clear and easy to understand.
- Consume media content with captions or transcripts for videos and audio content.
- Navigate our websites with assistive technology via embed landmarks.
Third party content and functionality
We make use of third-party resources such as audio and video players to embed content in our website. Wherever possible we will ensure these are conformant.
What to do if you can't access parts of this website
We welcome your feedback on using the contact form link for HIMSS or ONE. If you have experienced any accessibility challenges, please let us know. Your information will help us improve the website for all users. You can contact us via:
- (312) 664-HIMSS (664-4467) (US Central Time Zone hours)
What we're doing to improve accessibilty
Our site is regularly reviewed by our business and technical staff with accessibility knowledge to check for issues. In addition, we carry out user testing that includes users with disabilities. Testing with real users gives us valuable feedback about the real-world accessibility of our site.
This statement was last updated on November 2, 2020 and is reviewed at least once a year.