TIGER International Task Force
The global TIGER (Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform) initiative is led by the HIMSS TIGER International Task Force, which is charged with providing domain expertise, leadership and guidance to activities, projects and collaborations within the global health informatics community.
The task force is further supported by workstreams devoted to actualizing resource development and project scopes of work.
- TIGER Virtual Learning Environment: Dedicated to keeping the initiative’s online learning platform up to date and globally applicable
- Global TIGER Network: Devoted to pioneers and representatives from countries who want to participate in projects and meetings on a limited basis
- Informatics Educator Resource Navigator: Focused on curation of a thoughtful collection of documents, best practices, case studies, tutorials and templates directed at educators aligned to the TIGER Virtual Learning Environment and beyond
- Reforming clinician education curriculum through the integration of information and technology, information literacy, informatics and the infusion of technologies for learning in a robust virtual learning environment
- Developing and implementing learning innovations; fostering faculty development and ensuring universities and providers have the necessary health information and technology education infrastructure
- Increasing faculty and student acceptance and understanding of health information and technology through education and training, incentives and resource support
- Refine the TIGER Scholar Informatics Internship Program
- Populate and launch the Informatics Educator Resource Navigator
- Develop strategic plan
- Develop global health informatics courses and digital workshops