TIGER International Task Force
The global TIGER (Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform) initiative is led by the HIMSS TIGER International Task Force, which is charged with providing domain expertise, leadership and guidance to activities, projects and collaborations within the global health informatics community.
The task force is further supported by workstreams devoted to actualizing resource development and project scopes of work.
- TIGER Virtual Learning Environment: Dedicated to keeping the initiative’s online learning platform up to date and globally applicable
- Global TIGER Network: Devoted to pioneers and representatives from countries who want to participate in projects and meetings on a limited basis
- Global Pharmacy Informatics Course: Deliver a Pharmacy Informatics 201 course in fall 2022
- Strategic Planning: Finalize the 3 Year Action Plan, guided by a 5 Year Vision
- Reforming clinician education curriculum through the integration of information and technology, information literacy, informatics and the infusion of technologies for learning in a robust virtual learning environment
- Developing and implementing learning innovations; fostering faculty development and ensuring universities and providers have the necessary health information and technology education infrastructure
- Increasing faculty and student acceptance and understanding of health information and technology through education and training, incentives and resource support
- Refine the TIGER Scholar Informatics Internship Program
- Build upon resources designed to support informatics educators
- Grow the interprofessional community and network
- Update the Global HIMSS TIGER Definitions Document v5
- Create a digital workshop inspired by the Global Health Informatics Course
For more information, contact TIGER@HIMSS.org
Task Force Members
The TIGER International Task Force is composed of 60 members representing 34 countries worldwide: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China/Taiwan, Denmark, England, Finland, Germany, Ghana, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, the Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.