HIMSS Approved Education Partner
HIMSS Approved Education Partners (AEPs) provide focused education to current and future health information and technology professionals with HIMSS-approved review courses and training programs, including preparation for CAHIMS and CPHIMS certifications. As a select group of training providers, AEPs must meet HIMSS’s standards for effective training—highlighting their dedication to quality health information and technology education.
As an AEP, your organization will gain access to tools and resources designed to meet the training needs of the growing and evolving health information and technology profession. HIMSS will also share your AEP status with our members, partners and communities.
What Our AEPs Are Saying
"I have believed for years that an educational program was needed for doctor of pharmacy students to help them understand the new landscape of healthcare information technology and the fundamental changes associated with this movement. Thanks to efforts by HIMSS and the federal government, we now have an established pathway to basic competencies in HIT… We believe that our partnership with HIMSS and the AEP assignation will allow more pharmacy graduate students interested in HIT to find us."
-Assistant Professor, Healthcare Informatics and Analytics
"Participating in the AEP program has given us a larger audience of experienced health information and technology professionals to interact with. The HIMSS AEP program provides an excellent avenue for reaching a captive and qualified population of industry professionals ready and eager to learn."
-Associate Dean for Academic Affairs & Associate Professor, School of Biomedical Informatics
"We developed a master’s degree in healthcare informatics, which is somewhat new to academia and our university. Having the AEP logo on our marketing materials has provided potential students with a level of confidence that the program is of sound structure and quality."
-Professor of Healthcare Informatics and Nursing
Benefits of Becoming an AEP
Gain immediate recognition—and new ways to market and grow your program.
- Continue to provide superior education and training with the help of HIMSS tools and resources.
- Demonstrate that your program meets HIMSS’s high educational standards by featuring our official AEP seal on your marketing and course materials.
- Expand your education and networking with HIMSS communities.
- Gain the opportunity to host an educational webinar through HIMSS.
- Provide HIMSS continuing education hours to your program participants.
- Share select events through HIMSS channels.
- Utilize customizable, professionally designed marketing materials.
Check out the recording of our informational webinar with details about the program:
Application and Fees
AEP agreements are effective for three years, provided that the application fee is paid with the initial application and payment is received on an annual basis or in full upon signing your agreement. Organizations must reapply for AEP status every three years.
Non-Refundable Application Fee: $250
- For-Profit Providers: $995
- Non-Profit Providers: $895
- Academic Organizational Affiliates: $745