Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS)
What is CPHIMS?
CPHIMS is a professional certification program for healthcare information and management systems professionals. Many organizations require candidates have this certification and are encouraging existing employees to obtain the certification.
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace
- Expand your career opportunities
- Validate your knowledge, competency and credibility
- Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization, and your community
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development
The exam covers the following three sections and nine domains:
- General (Healthcare Environment; Technology Environment)
- Systems (Analysis; Design; Selection, Implementation, Support, and Maintenance; Testing and Evaluation; Privacy and Security)
- Administration (Leadership; Management)
What are the benefits of becoming CPHIMS certified?
Professional certification can be found in almost every industry today and certification has found its way into almost every industry for a reason: It helps advance the profession. Certification helps employers evaluate potential new hires, analyze job performance, evaluate employees, select contractors, market services, and motivate employees to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Certification provides employers with evidence that the certificate holder has demonstrated a certain level of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities. It provides a documented level of assurance that employees are competent in work practices. CPHIMS provides concrete, public evidence that the organization is staffed with people who know what they are doing and is competitive in comparison of quality services.
Passing the CPHIMS examination demonstrates mastery of a well-defined body of knowledge considered important to competent practice in today's healthcare information and management systems field. You will know that you have met the highest standards of practice and are among the elite in a critical field of healthcare management. Upon passing the examination, HIMSS offers to contact your employer to make him/her aware of this prestigious accomplishment.
CPHIMS certification is fast becoming an industry standard by which individuals are assessed for new positions or promotion.
Please feel free to contact staff for more specific inquiries:
Members in Action
New York HIMSS Chapter | HIMSSNYS14 ConferenceNew York City
HIMSS Nebraska Chapter Nursing Informatics Boot CampRegency Lodge Hotel | Omaha, Nebraska
Nevada HIMSS Chapter | Technology Enabled Health CareReno, NV