The CPHIMS credential will help your career by:
- Demonstrating you meet an international standard of professional knowledge and competence in healthcare information and management systems
- Increasing your credibility with your employer
- Showing a commitment to continuing professional development
- Enjoying a sense of personal and professional achievements
Become CPHIMS Certified
Candidates who meet CPHIMS™ eligibility requirements can apply to take the certification examination. Learn about the Four Steps to Becoming a Certified Professional in Health Information & Management Systems.
- Use the CPHIMS Candidate Handbook to prepare yourself for the exam. This handbook is your complete guide to the examination process and contains an overview of the exam and an application.
- The learning plan guides you to useful resources during the self-paced preparation exam or for use during in-person or online review courses. It can also help you establish a weekly schedule while preparing for your exam.
- The Competency Gap Assessment will help you determine your exam readiness. It can also help identify personal strengths and areas for growth to support your professional development objectives and help acquire or strengthen your skills.
- Instructor-led, interactive, one-day, in-person review courses, and online review courses and instructional webinars are available. Contact us for more information, or find upcoming in-person and online review courses and webinars on our Events page.
- The CPHIMS Practice Exam is a 100-question online practice examination developed using the same procedures as the CPHIMS Examination and conforms to examination specifications in content, cognitive levels, format and difficulty. It should be used to familiarize yourself with the format and type of questions you will find on the actual exam. Feedback during the practice exam provides you with a narrative rationale for the correct answer and may assist you in self-identifying areas for further review or study. The questions presented in the practice exam are different from the questions contained on the actual exam and should not be considered predictive of your final performance.
(All fees in US Dollars)
- HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member: $375
- HIMSS Member: $405
- Non-Member: $525
- Retake: $250
- Extension: $100
- Renewal Member: $250
- Renewal Non-Member: $350
Veterans Exam Fee Reimbursement
HIMSS offers exam fee reimbursement for U.S. veterans. To be reimbursed, you must be eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program, Veterans Education Assistance Program or Dependents Educational Assistance programs. For more information about the benefit and eligibility requirements, contact your assigned Veterans Affairs office or contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Renew Your CPHIMS Certification
Your CPHIMS Certificate must be renewed every three years. For a complete guide of the process, please view our certification renewal page.