Supporting Healthy Communities
Join us for this global action week celebrating the power of information and technology to improve access to healthcare for all communities.
Since 2006, U.S. National Health IT Week has brought together stakeholders in Washington, DC and across the country to demonstrate the power of information and technology to transform health. Today, HIMSS is pleased to use the power of this partner-driven platform to launch Global Health Equity Week, an initiative focused on displaying the value and potential of health information and technology to transform health and support the elimination of health disparities, taking place October 19–23, 2020.
During this year’s celebration, HIMSS and the health information and technology community will highlight the role of digital health as a bridge to patient wellness by focusing on these topics:
- Maternal health
- Patient identification and safety
- Public health data modernization
Participants will experience opportunities to elevate conversations about care and wellness and take actionable steps to support healthy communities. We’re developing details on how you can get involved and take action. For questions, email us.
Stay Connected With Us
Show Your Support
Help HIMSS lead the charge for health equity with insights, best practices and resources through virtual and in-person education, events and networking during the week. Here are six ways you can take action.
- Lead the change with us: Be part of the HIMSS Global Health Equity Network and advance health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Join our virtual march: Participate in our virtual march to support maternal health, telehealth, patient identity and data modernization.
- Support workforce diversity: Contribute to the HIMSS Foundation to fund scholarships that equip diverse students for careers in health information and technology.
- Innovate to improve access: The HIMSS Global Health Equity Network has partnered with Accelerate Health to host a virtual, global tech challenge focused on improving maternal health outcomes. The HIMSS Maternal Health Tech Challenge will crowdsource technology solutions from across the globe, culminating in a live competition hosted at HIMSS21. Sign up to participate in or support the challenge today.
- Share your health equity story: Engage on social media using #HealthEquity.
- Learn and connect: Attend health equity webinars and networking events. Check out the schedule of events for more details.
About the HIMSS Foundation
The HIMSS Foundation is the philanthropic arm of HIMSS and promotes health information and technology education and issue awareness on global and national levels, with a focus on:
- Educational opportunities and financial assistance for students
- Education for government employees and industry leaders
- Data and reports to academics and governments
- Financial assistance for special projects
Questions about the week? Email us.