Supporting Healthy Communities
Join us for this global action week celebrating the power of information and technology to improve access to healthcare for all communities.
Since 2006, U.S. National Health IT Week has brought together stakeholders in Washington, DC and across the country to demonstrate the power of information and technology to transform health. Today, HIMSS is pleased to use the power of this partner-driven platform to present Global Health Equity Week.
In the past few years, HIMSS and the health information and technology community have highlighted the role of digital health as a bridge to patient wellness by focusing on maternal health, patient identification and safety, telehealth, broadband access and public health data modernization. This year, we will continue to support those efforts as we focus upon:
- Chronic disease management
- Digital health literacy, inclusion and access
- Maternal health
- Substance use and behavioral health
- Workforce inclusion
Participants will experience opportunities to elevate conversations about care and wellness and take actionable steps to support healthy communities. We’re developing details on how you can get involved and take action. For questions, email us.
Stay Connected With Us
Show Your Support
Help HIMSS lead the charge for health equity with insights, best practices and resources through virtual and in-person education, events and networking during the week. Here are six ways you can take action.
- Lead the change with us: Be part of the HIMSS Global Health Equity Network and advance health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Advocate: Write to your U.S. Senators on extending key telehealth flexibilities past the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and to your Governors and State Medicaid Directors to improve maternal health through information and technology in your state/territory!
- Support workforce diversity: Apply or encourage students to complete a HIMSS Foundation scholarship application to equip students for careers in health information and technology.
- Share your health equity story: Engage on social media using #HealthEquity.
- Learn and connect: Attend health equity webinars and networking events. Check out the schedule of events for more details.
- Support hurricane relief in underprivileged communities: Contribute to Global Empowerment Mission or Florida Disaster Fund.
Questions about the week? Email us.