Supporting Healthy Communities
Join us for this global action week celebrating the power of information and technology to improve access to healthcare for all communities.
Since 2006, U.S. National Health IT Week has brought together stakeholders in Washington, DC and across the country to demonstrate the power of information and technology to transform health. Today, HIMSS is pleased to use the power of this partner-driven platform to present Global Health Equity Week.
In the past few years, HIMSS and the health information and technology community have highlighted the role of digital health as a bridge to patient wellness by focusing on maternal health, patient identification and safety, telehealth, broadband access and public health data modernization. This year, we will continue to support those efforts as we focus upon:
- Digital health literacy, inclusion and access
- Social determinants of health
- Maternal health
Participants will experience opportunities to elevate conversations about care and wellness and take actionable steps to support healthy communities. We’re developing details on how you can get involved and take action. For questions, email us.
Stay Connected With Us
Show Your Support
Help HIMSS lead the charge for health equity with insights, best practices and resources through virtual and in-person education, events and networking during the week. Here are five ways you can take action.
- Be part of the HIMSS Global Health Equity Network and advance health and wellness for everyone.
- Access health equity videos year-round on our HIMSS TV channel.
- Write your US government officials at the federal and state level to advance maternal health.
- Apply or encourage students to complete a HIMSS Foundation scholarship application to equip students for careers in health information and technology.
- Share your health equity story: Engage on social media using #HealthEquity.
- Learn and connect: Attend health equity webinars and networking events.
Questions about the week? Email us.