Digital Health Advisory Group for Europe
The Digital Health Advisory Group for Europe (DHAGE) is a thought leadership platform for key decision-makers in Europe to identify synergies and nurture collaborations on digital health policies. The group was created by HIMSS in collaboration with the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. It builds on the work of the HIMSS & Health 2.0 European Conference Advisory Council, whose goal was to create policy topics for its annual conference that were of national relevance for its member countries.
Participation in this group is by invitation only so is not included in the open call for volunteers.
Previous DHAGE meetings
The group’s 1st meeting in 2019 identified five underlying priorities for its member countries’ health systems:
- Integrate health and social data
- Create interoperability governance
- Utilize data to create new services and increase product marketability
- Expand AI-empowered healthcare
- Increase digital skills in the workforce, patients and citizens
The group’s 2nd workshop in September 2020 focused on the theme of building the common European response to the COVID-19 pandemic by:
- Nurturing the ongoing digital transformation of healthcare sped up by the crisis
- Creating digital tools for managing the pandemic and preparing for future health threats
- Creating a framework for cross-border exchange of health and social data post-COVID-19
The Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and HIMSS have published a report on the meeting proceedings after the workshop. The proceedings outline the calls to actionand address the acute priorities in digital health for successfully managing and exiting from the Covid-19 pandemic. Access the full report below.
The 3rd workshop of the DHAGE, organized in September 2021 focused on European cooperation solutions to promote digital inclusion and increase the resilience of society. Specifically, three areas were in focus:
- Access to digital health for everyone, everywhere (health equity)
- A digitally enabled workforce of the future
- International solidarity and interoperability
Access the full report from the meeting below.
- Business Finland
- European Commission
- Nordic Council of Ministers
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- SITRA Innovation Fund of Finland
- United Nations (UN)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
Loida Lleonart, Associate Director, Strategic Relations, EMEA.
Jukka Lähesmaa, Senior Adviser, Permanent Secretary’s Cabinet, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland.