Digital Health Advisory Group for Europe
The Digital Health Advisory Group for Europe is a thought leadership platform for key decision-makers in Europe to identify synergies and nurture collaborations on digital health policies. The group was created by HIMSS in collaboration with the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. It builds on the work of the HIMSS & Health 2.0 European Conference Advisory Council, whose goal was to create policy topics for its annual conference that were of national relevance for its member countries.
The group’s first meeting in 2019 identified five underlying priorities for its member countries’ health systems:
- Integrate health and social data
- Create interoperability governance
- Utilize data to create new services and increase product marketability
- Expand AI-empowered healthcare
- Increase digital skills in the workforce, patients and citizens
This year’s theme is building the common European response to the COVID-19 pandemic by:
- Nurturing the ongoing digital transformation of healthcare sped up by the crisis
- Creating digital tools for managing the pandemic and preparing for future health threats
- Creating a framework for cross-border exchange of health and social data post-COVID-19
The Digital Health Advisory Group for Europe will meet on September 3, 2020 to review the acute priorities of managing and exiting from the pandemic, which will:
- Explore key challenges in digitising healthcare in the context of the pandemic and its implications on the use of health and social data for prevention, public health, and clinical and research purposes
- Identify short-term, middle-term and long-term cooperation solutions in the light of the plans put forward by the European Commission and the World Health Organization
- Promote the cross-fertilisation and cooperation of international organisations active in Europe in the area of digital health
The group will create a report to summarise its proposals on these three sets of challenges.
- Business Finland
- Nordic Council of Ministers
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- SITRA Innovation Fund of Finland
- United Nations (UN)
For more information, please contact Angela Velkova, Director of Communities and Strategic Relations, EMEA, HIMSS.