HIMSS Public Policy Committee
The HIMSS Public Policy Committee convenes healthcare thought leaders across HIMSS membership, working closely with the HIMSS government relations team to advance global policy by collaborating with government officials around the world—including legislators, key national decision-makers, state and provincial leaders, and stakeholder organizations.
Expanding its scope to reflect HIMSS global policy engagement, the committee recommends policy positions on pending legislation and regulations, with the aim of reforming the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology.
The committee develops resources that leverage partnerships to:
- Encourage networking between peers and experts representing the global government sector
- Provide guidance on the best use of health information and technology
- Improve processes and technologies within healthcare systems around the world
- Advance educational opportunities and professional advancement
How can you participate?
The committee is exclusive to HIMSS members and is open to members with expertise in public policy and advocacy who wish to effect change across various levels of government. Committee members work closely with the HIMSS government relations team to develop and deploy tools and resources through collaboration with fellow subject matter experts.
Not a HIMSS member yet?
Leaders representing policy, education and advocacy collaborate to offer resources and support through curated content focused on global policy initiatives.
Committee members can participate in workgroups focused on COVID-19, patient identification and privacy. More information about workgroups is available to committee members.
- COVID-19 Work Group: Reviews policy issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic and helps advise and inform government relations priorities in response to COVID-19 policy developments
- Patient ID Work Group: Helps develop HIMSS policy priorities and positions around advancing a nationwide patient matching strategy