What is #IHeartHIT?
#IHeartHIT is a year-long storytelling initiative that aims to shed light on the opportunities and impact health information technology can have on improving health and how care is delivered.
#IHeartHIT stories take on greater significance during National Health IT Week where the industry convenes to celebrate progress and moves to activate policymakers and the industry at large to improve the health of populations. National Health IT Week takes place Oct. 2-6 and your stories are the conduit for inspiring change. Join your peers in helping us inspire progress in today’s health economy through powerful storytelling.
Get inspired with these #IHeartHIT stories.
How to Share Your Story
Using HIMSS’s #IHeartHIT story submission form, your company blog, personal blog, or a LinkedIn Pulse Article, publish a 300-word, non-promotional, story and/or post a 60-second video using the following framework:
- Do you or a loved one have a story that illustrates the impact or promise of health information technology? Please share it with permission from respective protected parties.
- What did you learn from this story that you would like to share with your peers?
- In your words, why does or should this story matter to policymakers, health(care) providers, patients and technology developers working toward a healthier society via health IT?
- Finally, in 140 characters or less, please share why you are passionate about health IT: “#IHeartHIT because…”
- Publish and/or submit the above post with a corresponding (preferably 1024px X 512px) medium resolution image that you and HIMSS has permission to use.
If you choose to submit your story using the #IHeartHIT submission form, your story will be published within 48 hours and you will receive email notification when it is live. HIMSS will highlight select stories before, during, and after National Health IT Week.
If you elect to post your #IHeartHIT story on a personal or company blog, please share the story using the #IHeartHIT hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn. For additional exposure during National Health IT Week, use the #NHITweek hashtag as well.
*Upon submission to www.healthitweek.org participants acknowledge that HIMSS reserves the right to alter or refuse submissions based on substance, intent, grammar, and/or absence of images. HIMSS will not alter facts or personal accounts of events to preserve story credibility. Self- or organizationally-promotional submissions will not be accepted.
Why Share Your Story?
Stories have the power to humanize the value proposition offered through health information technology. They inspire us to continue to innovate. They help us learn where we can leverage technology to provide empathy and care in a system that could benefit from a little bit more of both.