The CAHIMS credential will help your career by:
- Demonstrating professional knowledge in healthcare information and management systems to potential and current employers
- Establishing a solid foundation that will give you an advantage as you strengthen abilities, acquire more experience and advance your career path
Become CAHIMS Certified
Candidates who meet CAHIMS eligibility requirements can apply to take the certification examination. Learn the Four Steps to Becoming a Certified Associate in Health Information & Management Systems.
- Use the CAHIMS Candidate Handbook to prepare yourself for the exam. This handbook is your complete guide to the CAHIMS examination process and contains an overview of the exam and an application.
- Learning plans guide you to useful resources during the self-paced preparation exam or for use during in-person or online review courses. They can also help you establish a weekly schedule while preparing for your exam.
- The Competency Gap Assessment will help you determine your exam readiness. It can also help identify personal strengths and areas for growth to support your professional development objectives and help acquire or strengthen your skills.
- Instructor-led, interactive, one-day, in-person review courses, and online review courses and instructional webinars are available. Contact us for more information, or find upcoming in-person and online review courses and webinars on our Events page.
(All fees in US Dollars)
- HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member: $190
- HIMSS Member (excludes Chapter Only and Online Only members): $240
- Non-Member: $315
- Retake: $150
- Extension: $100
- Renewal Member: $150
- Renewal Non-Member: $215
Veterans Exam Fee Reimbursement
HIMSS offers exam fee reimbursement for U.S. veterans. To be reimbursed, you must be eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program, Veterans Education Assistance Program or Dependents Educational Assistance programs. For more information about the benefit and eligibility requirements, contact your assigned Veterans Affairs office or contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Renew Your CAHIMS Certification
Are you interested in renewing your CAHIMS Certification? For a complete guide of the process, please view our Certification Renewal page.
HIMSS20 Certification and Career Events
Please contact us with any questions:
Phone: (703) 722-0580