COVID-19 has exposed deadly gaps in public health data infrastructure in the U.S. Now more than ever, there is a need for a strong public health surveillance system that detects and facilitates the immediate response and containment of emerging health threats. Looking beyond COVID-19, our conversation will address the urgent need to improve public health infrastructure and workforce to create coordinated and expanded surveillance capacity addressing all levels of government.
Moderated by Tom Leary, senior vice president of government relations at HIMSS, this panel of experts includes:
- Georges C. Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, American Public Health Association
- Dick Flanigan, Senior Vice President, Cerner
- Janet Hamilton, MPH, Executive Director, Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Anne Schuchat, MD, Principal Deputy Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Shawna Webster, CAE, Executive Director, National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.