The call for HIMSS20 nominations will open in June. For more information, contact email@example.com.
*HIMSS reserves the right to not evaluate any incomplete application.
HIMSS 2019 Recipient
Mary Ellen Skeens, CLSSBB, CPHIMS, DSHS, FHIMSS, MS, PMP
Purpose and History
The SHS/HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award recognizes leadership in implementing significant synergies between the process improvement and information technology professions, either professional or technical nature. The Boards of Directors of both organizations jointly select the recipient.
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Leadership in promoting the management engineering and/or process improvement profession; and
- Innovative and effective synergies in the profession of management engineering and/or process improvement.
Additional Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry;
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by HIMSS and SHS;
- Current membership in good standing of HIMSS and SHS;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.) or SHS board(s);
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS; and
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated.
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less); and
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The SHS/HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Recognition at the SHS Annual Conference.
2018 Kevin Nortrup, CPHIMS, CSEP
2017 John Hansmann, MSIE, FHIMSS, DSHS
2016 Todd Schneider, DSHS, FHIMSS
2015 Dr. Jean Ann Larson, EdD, MBA, BSIE, FACHE, FHIMSS, DSHS, CLSSBB
2014 Pauline M. Hogan, MBA, FHIMSS, DSHS
2013 Dean Athanassiades, PMP, CPHIMS, CHS, FHIMSS, DSHS
2012 James Benneyan, PhD, FHIMSS
2011 Frank Overfelt, FACHE, LFHIMSS
2010 Barry Ross
2009 Lawrence E. Dux, CPHIMS, LFHIMSS
2008 John L. Templin Jr., LFHIMSS, FAAHC, FACHE, DSHS
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.