Certified Professional in Digital Health Transformation Strategy (CPDHTS)SM
Advance your digital health strategy career with Certified Professional in Digital Health Transformation Strategy (CPDHTS)SM certification from HIMSS. Demonstrate your knowledge, competence, credibility, and commitment to your career and continuing education.
With this professional certification, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate that you meet an international standard of professional knowledge and competence in digital health transformation strategy and health strategy
- Increase your credibility with your employer
- Show your commitment and command for the subject matter in pursuit of continuing professional development
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply to take the certification exam.
To take the CPDHTS Exam and earn professional certification, you must either:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and
- Have five years of information and management systems* experience, with three of those years in a healthcare setting**
- Hold a graduate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and
- Have three years of information and management systems* experience, with two of those years in a healthcare setting**
- Have at least 10 years of information and management systems* experience, with eight of those years in a healthcare setting**
For detailed information on eligibility requirements, see the CPDHTS Candidate Handbook.
*Information and management systems experience includes work in systems analysis; design; selection, implementation, support and maintenance; testing and evaluation; privacy and security; information systems; clinical informatics; and management engineering.
**Healthcare settings include providers of health services or products to a healthcare facility (e.g., hospitals; healthcare consulting firms; vendors; federal, state or local government offices; academic institutions; payers; public health).
Preparing for the Exam
Start by reviewing the CPDHTS Candidate Handbook, which provides a detailed outline explaining the content and structure of the exam. It will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and focus your preparation.
All candidates must apply and receive an eligibility ID number before making a reservation to test. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility, and candidates will be contacted with instructions on how to make their reservation.
Questions? Email us.
Taking the Beta Exam
The three-hour beta exam is composed of 150 multiple-choice questions. It focuses on common knowledge and skills that have been identified as being important to competent practice through a job analysis in digital health transformation strategy and health strategy. Candidates who are first to sit for the exam in will pioneer this credential, and lead the way in advancing the digital health profession. Be one of the first digital health transformation strategy professionals to earn your CPDHTS!
Exams are administered at Pearson VUE Testing Centers and at select HIMSS events, such as the HIMSS Global Health Conference. Candidateswill receive results after the beta period concludes and the cut score (passing point) is set.
CPDHTS Certification Fees
(All fees in U.S. dollars)
- HIMSS Organizational Member: $1,199 (Beta: $1,099)
- HIMSS Individual, Corporate or Student Member: $1,299 (Beta: $1,199)
- Non-Member: $1,499 (Beta: $1,399)
- Extension: $109
- Retake: $269
- Renewal Member: $299
- Renewal Non-Member: $399
Veterans Exam Fee Reimbursement
The certification exam fee is eligible for reimbursement for U.S. veterans. To be reimbursed, you must be eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program, Veterans Education Assistance Program, or Dependents Educational Assistance programs. For more information about benefit and eligibility requirements, contact your assigned Veterans Affairs office or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Renew Your Professional Certification
Your CPDHTS certification must be renewed every three years. For more info, visit our Certification Renewal page.
Questions? Email us.