Q: When will the housing block open for me to begin securing my hotel rooms?
A: Housing will open for all exhibitors on Tuesday, September 20, 2023
(HIMSS Corporate Members have dedicated dates)
- Anchor/Diamond Corporate Members – Tuesday, June 7
- Emerald Corporate Members – Thursday, June 30
- Platinum Corporate Members – Thursday, July 28
- Gold Corporate Members – Thursday, August 18
Q: Is it mandatory to book housing with onPeak?
A: Yes, Convention centers allocate exhibit space to shows based on the amount of hotel rooms picked up. Convention center management may and often will reject or reduce exhibit hall space requests because hotel rooms are not filled proportionately through the housing block. Therefore, to ensure our hotel block is full and that we receive the exhibit floor space needed for all exhibitors, HIMSS requires all exhibitors book housing through onPeak.
Q: What will happen to my participation at the HIMSS conference if I do not secure my accommodations with onPeak?
A: Any exhibitor who does not book housing through onPeak will not be permitted to exhibit and will forfeit all monies paid to HIMSS. Freight and badges could be denied at show site.
Q: How many rooms can I block?
A: HIMSS guideline is to book a minimum of 2 room reservations and a maximum of 4 room reservations per 100 square feet of booth space rented.
An exhibiting company can have 25% of the overall exhibitor rooms at any one hotel or up to 50 rooms at any one hotel. Whichever amount is less will be the amount provided.
All reservations will be held on TBD basis until these dates based on your level of membership:
- Gold Corporate Member/All other exhibiting companies – Friday, February 17, 2023
- Platinum Corporate Members – Friday, February 24, 2023
- Emerald Corporate Members – Friday, March 3, 2023
- Anchor/ Diamond Corporate Members – Friday, March 10, 2023
All names must be received on or before your deadline date listed above. If names are not received by this date, all rooms without names will be cancelled. Unused room nights will be released back into inventory. You may cancel rooms without penalty until Friday, March 17 (4pm CDT)
Room reservations will be based on your choices and room availability. If none of your choices are available, onPeak will contact you to discuss other options and you will be put on a waitlist for up to three of your original choices. Please be advised that every effort will be made to fulfill your expressed wishes if it is possible to do so.
Q: How much of a deposit do I have to put down to reserve my room block?
A: A non-refundable deposit, equal to one night room and tax, is required to secure your reservations. Hyatt Regency McCormick Place requires a two-night room and tax non-refundable deposit. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. There are two options for submitting payment:
OPTION 1: Non-refundable deposit payment by credit card
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. Approximately 2-3 weeks before the conference, when rooming lists are sent to the hotel, a non-refundable deposit equal one night room and tax (two nights at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place) will be charged by the hotel to the credit card provided.
OPTION 2: Non-refundable deposit payment by check or money order
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. At the time of reservation(s), you may send a check or money order for the non-refundable deposit equal to one night room and tax (made payable to onPeak). All checks must be received by Monday, February 20, 2023 (4pm CST). After Monday, February 20, 2023, only credit card deposits will be accepted.
- Credit card is required to be on file until check is received
Q: Can I make any changes to my room block after making my reservation?
A: Changes and/or cancellations to reservations may be made until Friday, March 17, 2023 (4pm CDT) without penalty. Any cancellations made after Friday, March 17, 2023 (4pm CDT) will forfeit the deposit124.
Q: Can I change hotels after making a reservation?
A: You may transfer hotels until Monday, February 14, 2022 (4pm CDT) without penalty. After this date, changing from one hotel to another is considered a cancellation at one hotel and a new reservation that are both subject to the non-refundable deposit policy.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Reservation(s) may be cancelled directly with onPeak until Friday, March 17, 2023 (4pm CDT) without penalty. All cancellations made after Friday, March 17, 2023 (4pm CDT) will be assessed a deposit equal to one night room and tax (two nights room and tax at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place). No exceptions! Once the hotel has control of the rooming list, any and all changes MUST be made with the hotel directly, beginning Monday, April 3, 2023.
To ensure the hotels receive accurate lists in a timely manner, onPeak will have blackout dates for manual changes from Friday, March 17, 2023 at 4:01 p.m. CDT through Friday, March 31, 2023. As of Monday, April 3, 2023, all modifications to existing reservations are to be managed directly with the hotel(s) through the close of HIMSS23.
Q: When will I receive my hotel confirmation information?
A: (HIMSS Corporate Members have dedicated dates)
- Anchor/Diamond Corporate Members – Wednesday, June 29
- Emerald Corporate Members – Wednesday, July 27
- Platinum Corporate Members – Wednesday, August 17
- Gold Corporate Members – Wednesday, September 14
Groups will have one (1) week from receipt of your payment required email to add their credit card and finalize reservations. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your hotel room block. Once you have submitted your payment guarantee you will receive a detailed confirmation email of your room block and access to manage online.
Q: What is the Exhibitor/ Attendee split?
A: To ensure that our attendees (your customers) are able to secure hotel rooms in the hotels within our block, we mandate a 60/40 split in the hotels. This means that exhibitors are allotted 60% of the rooms and that attendees are allotted 40%. This balance also lends to additional networking in the evenings at the hotels where both exhibitors and attendees are staying.
Q: What options do I have to manage my room block?
A: onPeak offers tools to help you manage your rooms. When you receive your confirmation from onPeak you can request information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Housing Policies are subject to Change