When will the housing block open for me to begin securing my hotel rooms?
Housing will open for all exhibitors on Tuesday, March 2, 2021
(HIMSS Corporate Members have dedicated dates)
- Anchor/Diamond Corporate Members – Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Emerald Corporate Members – Monday, November 16, 2020
- Platinum Corporate Members – Monday, November 16, 2020
- Gold Corporate Members – Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Why do exhibitors have to book their accommodations through onPeak?
Convention centers allocate exhibit space to shows based on the amount of hotel rooms picked up. Convention center management may and often will reject or reduce exhibit hall space requests because hotel rooms are not filled proportionately through the housing block. Therefore, to ensure our hotel block is full and that we receive the exhibit floor space needed for all exhibitors, HIMSS requires all exhibitors book housing through onPeak.
What will happen to my participation at the HIMSS conference if I do not secure my accommodations with onPeak?
Any exhibitor who does not book housing through onPeak will not be permitted to exhibit and will forfeit all monies paid to HIMSS. Freight and badges could be denied at show site.
Is there a way to receive Exhibitor Priority Points* by securing my housing through onPeak?
- 10 points for companies that have booked housing with onPeak by July 12, 2021 (applied post conference)
- 20 points awarded for Companies achieving 90% actualized pick-up per night of the final room block submitted to onPeak on or before the non-refundable date of July 12, 2021 ( applied post conference.).
- Points awarded by comparing final room usage post conference to July 12th per night pick up.
How many rooms can I block?
HIMSS guideline is to book a minimum of 2 room reservations and a maximum of 4 room reservations per 100 square feet of booth space rented.
All reservations will be held on TBD basis until these dates based on your level of membership:
- Gold Corporate Member/All other exhibiting companies – Monday, June 14, 2021
- Platinum Corporate Members – Monday, June 21, 2021
- Emerald Corporate Members – Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Anchor/ Diamond Corporate Members – Thursday, July 8, 2021
All names must be received on or before your deadline date listed above. If names are not received by this date, all rooms without names will be cancelled. Unused room nights will be released back into inventory. You may cancel rooms without penalty until Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST)
Room reservations will be based on your choices and room availability. If none of your choices are available, onPeak will contact you to discuss other options and you will be put on a waitlist for up to three of your original choices. Please be advised that every effort will be made to fulfill your expressed wishes if it is possible to do so.
How much of a deposit do I have to put down to reserve my room block?
A non-refundable deposit, equal to one night room and tax, is required to secure your reservations. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. There are two options for submitting payment:
OPTION 1: Non-refundable deposit payment by credit card
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. Your credit card will not be charged at this time. Approximately 2-3 weeks before the conference, when rooming lists are sent to the hotel, a non-refundable deposit equal one night room and tax will be charged by the hotel to the credit card provided.
OPTION 2: Non-refundable deposit payment by check or money order
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card at the time of booking with onPeak. At the time of reservation(s), you may send a check or money order for the non-refundable deposit equal to one night room and tax (made payable to onPeak). All checks must be received by Thursday, June 17, 2021 (4pm CST). After Thursday, June 17, 2021, only credit card deposits will be accepted.
- Credit card is required to be on file until check is received
Can I make any changes to my room block after making my reservation?
Changes and/or cancellations to reservations may be made until Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST) without penalty. Any cancellations made after Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST) will forfeit the one night room and tax deposit.
Can I change hotels after making a reservation?
You may transfer hotels until Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST) without penalty. After this date, changing from one hotel to another is considered a cancellation at one hotel and a new reservation that are both subject to the non-refundable one night room plus tax deposit policy.
What is the cancellation policy?
Reservation(s) may be cancelled directly with onPeak until Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST) without penalty. All cancellations made after Monday, July 12, 2021 (4pm CST) will be assessed a deposit equal to one night room and tax. No exceptions! Once the hotel has control of the rooming list, any and all changes MUST be made with the hotel directly, beginning July 26th.
When will I receive my hotel confirmation information?
(HIMSS Corporate Members have dedicated dates)
- Anchor/Diamond Corporate Members – Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Emerald Corporate Members – Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Platinum Corporate Members – Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Gold Corporate Members – Thursday, February 18, 2021
Groups will have one (1) week from receipt of your payment required email to add their credit card and finalize reservations. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your hotel room block. Once you have submitted your payment guarantee you will receive a detailed confirmation email of your room block and access to manage online.
What is the Exhibitor/Attendee split?
To ensure that our attendees (your customers) are able to secure hotel rooms in the hotels within our block, we mandate a 60/40 split in the hotels. This means that exhibitors are allotted 60% of the rooms and that attendees are allotted 40%. This balance also lends to additional networking in the evenings at the hotels where both exhibitors and attendees are staying.
Updated as of February 18, 2021